nicktyler
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i (sadly gone)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
I've got an E92 335i and I'm very happy with it; however, I also ran an E46 M3 CS for over 4 years and 60k miles and if you think sticking a JB4 onto a 335i turns it into an M3 you're very much mistaken IMO. The 335i is without doubt a better GT and is ok on a twisty, undulating, road if you don't go beyond 7 or perhaps 8 tenths. However, if you want to push the standard chassis just isn't up to it; the CS would almost say to you "come on, let's go" in those circumstances whereas the 335i is more "I'm not really up for this, any chance you could back-off a bit"? As I say, I really do like the 335i but I think mine would benefit far more from suspension upgrades than it would from extra power and torque; the Dynamic Pack offered by Birds would be very tempting were it not for the price!
I said nothing of the JB4 turning a 335i into an M3 just that he will forget about changing. This imo will be due to the difference it makes and of course depends on what you want to use it for. Using an M3 CS to it's full potential on the UK roads will be almost impossible due to the massive holes and other road users everywhere.

Using a tuned 335i to it's full potential (power wise) can be done on every non rush-hour slip road and will be just as fast as the M3 in that situation. Up to 70mph of course

Last edited by nicktyler; 10-08-2012 at 08:22 AM..
Appreciate 0