View Single Post
      05-16-2013, 11:01 PM   #1
E39lolz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 x1 xDrive35i, '13 Mustang

So I'm moving to Miami.....

Currently my wife, our son (6 yrs old) and her daughter (14) rent a house in good ol' Beacon NY, about an hour north from NYC. She works in the medical field and I delivery pizza's for a living for the past 4 years. Why? Well I got laid off from a marketing firm back in early 2009 and haven't been able to find work in my field since. I only have a BS degree in the crummy field of finance from SUNY New Paltz and have been told that I'm overqualified many times. So last summer we decided that a change is needed as we're getting sick and tired of the cold weather in NY and that if we stay here I'll be delivering pizza's until I'm in my 60's.

Well the real reason is that my mother is offering to give us her house in the Kendall area of Miami, a pretty good/safe area near US1. Also, I have a job in line thanks to my aunt and my wife has many leads for employment in the medical field. Over the past 6 months whenever she would apply for a job in the Miami area they would call her back within the hour for interviews. She has contacts to dr's and medical offices that told her to call up when we move down on June 21st. We'll have about 6 months of expenses saved up, plus employment (hopefully) within a few weeks after we move down.

So school me on living in Miami. I lived down over in Cutler Ridge (now named Cutler Bay) back in 93-94 during 10th grade and thought it was ok back then but now I'm older with a family. My son will adapt anywhere as he's a little PITA and very outgowing. Step daughter is excited but will be missing friends and this dude she likes. Time for a shotgun and a shovel. As for vehicles we'll be bringing down a 13 Mustang v6 and a 13 x1 35i. The house has a pool/lake in the backyard and is much bigger than our house here in NY. I'm looking forward to weekend trips to Key West, Daytona Beach and visiting a mouse over in the Orlando area. So anyone here in the Miami area?

Cliffs: tired of delivering pizza's, moving to Miami with the family, jobs pretty much inline, tips on living in Miami.
Appreciate 0