View Single Post
      06-18-2013, 08:46 PM   #106
yafool
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePicturePro View Post
I have a little over 50k on my 2009 335d.

Car is at the dealer now. I have carbon build up and need all of the fuel injectors replaced. My warranty was up a couple of months ago. I think BMWNA knows this is an issue, they are hopefully going to repair as a goodwill gesture. I honestly think they know something is seriously wrong with the diesel.

I would appreciate if anyone can help me. If you could post past service codes and how it was resolved with your car or other systems and parts that may need to be looked at or replaced. My fear is that they fix part of the problem then leave me in the same spot in a few months with more problems.

One of the worst things about this is that most dealerships have little experience with this car. They told me this themselves. So they are gonna throw some parts at it and may miss what the cause may actually be from.

Please post similar issues and options that they may have tried with you. I wish the techs would spend some time here on this site, I found out more about my car in one hour than I had from the dealer in 4 days.

The rep helping me was fantastic, I was actually given a loaner and he has made every attempt to keep me informed. I just have less faith in the service techs with their lack of experience with diesel.
Which dealer did you take this to in socal?
It seems like all the dealers are saying that they do not see this problem, but OBVIOUSLY, it seems like for every 1 BMW dealer, there is 1 335d with injector/carbon/dde problem. and Most of us are out of warranty.
Mine is up north at another BMW dealer in the bay area for the same problem right now.

Perhaps a conf. call for all the dealer foremans working on similar issues at this exact moment?!haha
Appreciate 0