View Single Post
      03-16-2010, 06:06 PM   #25
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep
Drives: 4 Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.myrr View Post
Thanks Former Boosted for you write-ups! You are an excellent contributer to this forum!
s.myrr, thank you very much. It is good to know that these reviews do help others. If nothing else, I do hope that in the end these reviews can help you map out the road to making your car exactly what you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL E92 View Post
i did, and half the reason I'm so happy with UUC, they guided me through the process very well (I ran into issues with bleeding the clutch, a true PITA without a power bleeder!!!!!)

further, I feel that the cdv delete was just as big of a change as the ssk. it should be the first thing you do for a 6mt imo...

and a huge thanks to Former Boosted IS for this review and writeup, always great info!
ATL E92, thanks for the kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsimon View Post
I see you still have the stock shift knob.. get rid of that thing it's part of the problem! get the m-sport one asap
jpsimon, I will be changing soon. I am up to my ear in car parts right now!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtp3347 View Post
I switched from the BMW SSK to this one after some convicing by John at UUC. Definitely a HUGE difference in quality and shifting feel. Was a very worthwhile purchase.

PS. dropping the drive shaft wouldve made it 10000x easier for us lol

Edit : also if anyone is looking for sway bars ask UUC about them. Their Swaybarbarian bars are incredibly well made and im definitely going to pick up a set when i get some extra cash. Really everything that UUC makes is incredibly well designed and manufactured.
It seems the BMW SSK is just a bandaid fix, when the UUC is the real deal fix.
Appreciate 0