View Single Post
      08-23-2006, 04:03 PM   #300
WhiteHartMart
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk
DMS are a lot more expensive (apparently), antandpete only do diesel, so I was thinking about getting in touch with Simon at e-maps about sorting a price for a group buy.

Yes Paul(b)- I was thinking about an ecu re-map, but I firstly want to know if:
- there will be a re-mapping charge if BMW reset the ecu after doing a service / Progman update
- is there any likelihood of engine damage long-term
- what fuel consumption improvements can I expect, if any
- what actual torque & hp remap figures are available for the 330i petrol engine

I'll give Simon at e-maps and DNS a call tomorrow to sort some prices for a UK2 group buy.

From what I've seen, a 'normal' diesel e-maps re-map price is around £300, an 'equivalent' DNS charge is £1000!

I'll try & get some accurate quotes tomorrow.

Please post if you are interested in having an ecu re-map during UK2.

Viv

I've been looking into a DMS remap for sometime now - the cost for my 320d remap is £699 inc vat from memory. The added benefit of the DMS route is that they will give a 3 year warranty so that any work that BMW don't approve (should they find the remap) is covered.

Also, I should expect a 5% improvement in economy due to the extra torque and finally they offer to remap the car again for free should your dealer wipe the map off the ecu!

I would have really been interested in getting mine done at UK2 but am away at that time - should have mine DMS'd next week now!

Good luck with organising a deal - I've been dealing with Mike Cooper at DMS if it helps!