View Single Post
      10-22-2009, 01:47 PM   #148
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

Well said. Exactly my thoughts. Funny I used to mock Lexus a few years ago giving examples of how BMW "Engineers" engines while Lexus takes one engine and converts it into a performance engine. Lexus owners used to curse on me for being a "BMW fanboi". Now I must give Lexus the respect they deserve.

The LF-A Chief Engineer said that the car revs so fast from 4000 to 9000 rpm that no analog speedo that can keep up. That is why they built their own completely digitial gauge cluster.

I never had an engine that gives me goosebumps like this car does. Between 7000 and 9000 rpm, it is the sound of the devil. It used to be LP640, M5 and Porsche Carrera GT, but now the sound of LF-A is out of this planet. Ferrari never had the best sounding exotic cars so I do not expect the 458 to sound any better than the F430 Scuderia and it is also a V8 not a V10.

Now, it is Lexus that is building a true halo car that is an engineering marvel. The technology and engineering will trickle down to cheaper cars.

What does BMW have for a halo car???? X6 M??? What type of cars BMW is planning on releasing?? A 4600 lbs low-revving turbocharged M5. Seriously, that must be a bad joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
it will never sound as good as the lfa and it looks even more hideous based on the pics floating around the net. sorry, no

i think as long as lexus fix the front end by the production date 2011. this car is worth 375k. It sounds better than the 458 italia and about anything else there IMO. the sound is not super loud, not small, just perfect when you get on it. but at low rev, it sound very civil.

- Lamborghini on turbocharging
Appreciate 0