10-10-2010, 04:28 PM   #36
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterZgo View Post
Just had these installed today at supremepower. Jeff did a great job on the install. The car feels virtually identical to stock. From behind the wheel, going over the same bumps and dips, etc., car feels exactly the same as before. If I didn't know they were installed, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I doubt if alignment would be needed as the drop is extremely mild. On my 2011 335is, it dropped 3/8" (about 1 cm drop overall). Visually, it is noticeable, but it's subtle. Front went from a 3 loose finger gap to about a 2 loose finger gap.

I do not think it is necessary to use different bumpstops at all. However, if you use lowering springs, then I would definitely get more progressive bump stops.

I see no cons at all to using this other than the fact that the install requires disassembly of the spring/strut which is always a PITA if you DIY. The steering wheel remained perfectly centered and there is no clunking, pulling, rubbing or any noticeable adverse effects with these lowering perches.
pics?
Appreciate 0