11-14-2011, 08:04 AM   #88
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaishang View Post
There is no indication that anyone on this thread cannot afford winter tyres, regardless of if they have purchased them or not. Nor is there any indication what other goods or services the people who have purchased winter tyres have forgone. There is no indication about the financial standing of anyone in this thread or their previous vehicle ownership history. This post is nonsensical.
Was actually aimed at Subzero rather than yourself - but it's a general trend.

The fact I didn't quote you at any point would allude to the fact it wasn't aimed at you. So why are you getting sensitive about it?

The simple fact is the vast majority of people who say winter tyres aren't worth it; Are those to whom the £600 outlay is more than they can afford - so they make excuses (before refusing to drive, or crashing their used 4x4 that should be magically better than anything else even though it's on 8 year old part worn summer tyres into a tree/wall/car/pedestrial) about how there is no benefit to winters.

Whether or not you are the exception to the rule, and could afford them but just flat don't want them: Doesn't change my perception of the general trend.

It's also interesting to me that as you could clearly buy 10 sets of them if you wanted: But refuse to do so (fair enough. You have your opinion, I have mine); That you choose to be so evangelical in this topic about the subject. If the topic isn't anything to do with you: Why post. People can make up their own mind

As I said though. My point was primarily aimed at that subzero fello but moreover just a response to the growing trend I've seen on this forum. That's why I didn't quote you directly at any point.