View Single Post
      01-30-2010, 02:11 PM   #23
EDDIEG
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i M SPORT

Lost my washer covers two weeks ago. Very miffed as washer fluid had been put in at BMW dealers by BMW (Syntner) technicians, when I bought it and not needed topping up since.

I took car in to my local dealer to claim under warranty (23-1-10). They tried to charge me £20 for the privalage of telling me I had two ugly holes in my bumper and BMW wouldn't do it under warranty. {After a bit of moaning they agreed to credit my money}. Disgusted, I rang BMW UK who were very helpful and told me that the dealers had already been told (on 22-1-10) to replace them "as a goodwill gesture" as BMW had made a mistake (???), and been caught out by cold weather. Surely other BMW markets (Canada, Scandanavia etc) get colder weather than us winging poms?

When I telephoned the dealer to get it booked in they admitted BMW UK had already told them this and I should not have been messed about during my visit. My car is now booked in but replacement parts will take at least 3 weeks and there are a waiting list as long as your arm.

Apparently each dealer has to claim each case individually and it may be case that they can't be arsed. Also be careful they don't try to get money out of you for an "assessment", mine tried to get me to in for a second time (another £20 for doing sod all).
Appreciate 0