06-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #6
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbai View Post
Hey guys...

I'm renting a Uhaul Truck to move to orlando next weekend... I will be towing my Prelude up behind the truck on a trailer also rented for them.

I'm trying to determine my plan for loading the truck... I have to pick my car up from a different location than where I'm loading my belongings into the truck.

The main question is, with a car loaded on the trailer, do UHAUL trailers have the ability for me to remove the trailer FROM the truck WITH the car on it? I ask because I'd like to utilize the loading ramp of the truck, which obviously cannot be done if there is a trailer hitched to it....

getting the car AFTER loading the truck is NOT ideal.

Anyone know if its possible? Tried reading UHAUL material and looking at pics of the trailers online but cannot tell... I called but it seems like i'm speaking a different language and they dont seem to be understanding what I'm asking.
My friend rented one which I towed for him.

It is not a problem to connect and disconnect the trailer if it is loaded. However, the trailer we had did not have the same 'receiver' that a privately owned boat trailer would have (for example) it is a more universal (shitty) variety that you have to adjust, so be careful to adjust it properly. Uhauls also tend to have shitty wiring because nobody really cares about them so be sure to get that reconnected properly.
Appreciate 0