View Single Post
      08-29-2008, 06:55 PM   #49
BMWFM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staszek View Post
Tell that to all the Toyota owners who get there cars out of Kentucky and still constantly rank as some of the best built most reliable cars in the world.

Its not where the car is built (well maybe in China), it is how it is designed and the equipment used to build them.

GM makes crap because the cars were designed like junk, not because of the workers (sure they may be a bit slower).

Completely agreed.

There are very good workers in the US, as well as in many other countries. (I have worked in US and Europe). Similarly, stupidity is pretty well spread across countries as well, including Germany. GM makes junk cars all over the world...
The culture and philosophy of the company is what makes the difference.

Japanese automakers build cars in the US, Lexus has a plant in Ontario I believe. Are there more problems on the X5s? Do they have the fuel pump issues?

I personally don't care where it is built. I would like to do ED on the next one though.

FM
F34 335i xDrive, M Sport, Alpine White, Black Dakota, Dark Burl, Dynamic Handling, Technology, Driver Assistance, Premium, Active Cruise Control, Heated Seats, Side and Top View Cameras, European Delivery, Debadged
Appreciate 0