Rep
Drives: e93 328c N52 3.0L cabriolet

Garage List
2002 325xi  [0.00]
2009 328i cabriolet  [0.00]
can Bus errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethpetro View Post
On a side note, i have LED's in the map lights & dome light (Bimmian Hi output LED's) and they're all wacked out. The map light ALWAYS go on correctly but the dome sometime does. When it does and i leave it on for awhile, it just goes out and the floor light LED's go on ?!?!?!?! I've tried the 24 LED from BAVauto but i didn't like the way the light looked through the cover. Any ideas?
This is indicative of canBus errors caused by controller area network in your Bimmer. It has to do with LED resistor values not matching with Bosch controller's values. I got into same issues with my e93 production model of 09/09 which got the same erratic behavior. Either you got to install resistors or buy pre-matched, i.e. "error free" LED bulbs. This is most endemic on Bimmers more than other manufacturers.

A question please....?: the angels eyes on my e93 got are 35 watts H8 bulbs/each. How am I supposed to use the roadway side lighting feature with these behemoths bulbs? My battery will be flat in less than fifteen minutes. On my old '02 e46 parking lights were just small bulbs and day running lights were dimmed high beams.

Sou fanático por conversíveis...

Last edited by hookah66; 07-16-2010 at 10:53 PM..
Appreciate 0