View Single Post
      04-17-2010, 05:51 PM   #12
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-FAST View Post
Hi Toxic, you haven't mentioned what colour it is? Is it a flat/solid paint or a metallic (would be lacquered) - my Crimson Red E93 had little spots all over the flat surfaces of the car (ie: bonnet, roof & bootlid) - I used metallic T-cut (less abrasive than the normal stuff) and then re-waxed it & this sorted the issue out. The marks could not be felt by hand so were more of a stain than a contaminant stuck to the surface. I live in a VERY hard water area so put it down to water marking.

You idealle need to start by trying the least abrasive option and then keep getting more severe until you find a product the shifts them. As others say, try claying the car and see if this helps - if not try something like Meguiars Paint Cleaner or even 3M Finnese-it lite. DoDo Juice Lime Prime may also fetch it off.

Either way, once clean and mark free, I would look at protecting the finished result with a few layers of good quality wax.
Hi mate, it's Black Sapphire (which is metallic). I've tried using CarLack NSC and some Meg's ScratchX 2.0, neither of these products shifted the marks...I would have thought the ScratchX would have taken it off if it was a surface contaminant surely?
Appreciate 0