2one3E90
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330i and Bmw 328i

Garage List
2010 BMW 328i  [10.00]
2004 BMW Z4   [9.67]
2006 BMW 330i  [10.00]
Is a 335i really worth keeping? I am this dilemma that I have to part ways with one car. I also have a 330i with 225,000 miles 6 speed manual. Both are awsome cars and I just revived my 335i. Some info on both
330i 225,000 miles
flawless mechanically
new disa units
new starter
new valvetronic
NGK plugs and delphi coils
new coolant resvoir
all fluids trans, diff, steering, brakes, oil, clutch changed.
Bmw performance shirt shift kit
Bilstein B12 Prokit
Poweflex bushings
New motor mounts
New trans mounts
New top two 02 sensors
Supersprint section secondary cat delete
Literally everything you can do to a 330i to make it fun and reliable.
2009 335i
150,000 miles
Sucked in hella belts ran like shit when I got it. Oil pressure light Fuel cutting off
leaking radiator leaked from vcg,ofhg, and oil pan. No fluids changed in like 70,000 miles except oil and coolant because it got a new waterpump and tstat.
replced OFHG, VCG, Oil Pan Gasket and oil cooler gasket and o rings
new crank seal!
Took out all the BELTS FROM TOP TO BOTTOM. Even from the PICK UP TUBE AND CHANGED THE O RING for it.
new high pressure fuel pump installed
new fuel pressure sensor
new oil pressure sensor
It already had INDEX 11s
and runs strong!
hits boost and pulls hard
trans maybe needs fluid service but smooth shifting.
It gets a ses light sometimes now.
the codes seem to connected to somewhat vanos and fuel. Im guessing it was sitting with fuel for 3 months that its messing up the low pressure pump under seat. Vanos solenoids havnt been touched and I have two new genuine units in hand.
oh and seat occupancy sensor is messed up so my dash always has this dumb seatbelt light.

Out of which two is better to let go from my collection? Its so hard to choose. The 330i has been with me all throughout undergrad and so much memories with it. I have tracked it and autox it countless times. I drive it in 95f weather to the track and beat on it then drive it back home, shower and go back out with it to hang out with friends at night. Super sorted suspension and engine wise. It always gets redlined everyday and I change the oil every 7000 miles. And then this Auto 335i. It’s msport. alpine white. First time I felt a e90 with immense torque. But it needs new shocks, bushings, baseline all the fluids. And who knows if its gonna be reliable down the line. BUT! A part of me loves this car and how fast it is. It looks like my auto 328i but has the lci projectors. The sport seats are immaculate because the previous owner was a skinny fella. Even thought most of the stuff has been repaired, i have a lingering thought that it will be expensive to maintain. Im about to start gradschool also and want to keep both but its not economical. I also have a mint 328i 6 speed manual and a Z4 manual also.

Please e90post chime in and help me.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0