01-19-2012, 11:39 AM   #29
BOSSBMW
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnk View Post
Hi All

Question for Trevendous, I have read this thread and want to thank you for your information, however before I remove my bumper I want to confirm if this coding will work on my BMW 2006 330i Saloon with factory Halogen to which I will be fitting BMW original Xenon with Original ballast/controllers. I hope to do a simple plug and plug and code to xenon (plus any other coding needed).

Also confirm if the below cable will work.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...t_11121wt_1177
I hope you don't mind if I try to answer your question. As far as the car is concerned there is no difference between aftermarket or OEM ballasts/headlights. Coding for Xenon will work for your car as outlined in his procedure. Please note that being a 2006, you might find the process a bit problematic, 2006/2007 tend to be a bit finicky.

That cable is not the recommended cable, so no guarantees it would work, but you could try.