05-13-2013, 08:33 PM   #166
1nityrider
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhalf View Post
Hey guys, I have a very specific problem misfire problem.

I am getting a misfire on cylinder 6 only. I have swapped coils, and changed all plugs to no avail. The car feels and sounds like a cylinder is just not firing. If the misfire code is cleared, it will also come back right away. I need to have carbon cleaning done (66k miles and never been done).

This problem manifested itself on a 90 mile trip. It went from a slight hesitation, to full blown rough idling and service engine soon light in the last 50 miles of that trip.

1) I am assuming it is not the carbon build up causing this because it wouldn't cause catastrophic problems within 50 miles, right? It would take a few weeks, with misfires random at first, and hitting all the cylinders, not just Cylinder 6 like I am experiencing.

2) I am thinking now that it is probably the injector for Cylinder 6, does this sound right?

3) I did install the BMS OCC the day before the trip, but it was such a simple install, and I dont think messing with the PCV valve would cause a misfire right? Maybe I knocked the injector cable loose, when I installed, it since it does get installed right by Cylinder 6.

Anyone got any ideas?
Your problem sounds kinda like mine. I am getting service engine light. Now seen half engine light. I am taking mine in Thursday, my guts it telling me it needs valve cleaning.
Appreciate 0