12-10-2010, 03:19 AM   #310
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
Am I the only one with complaints about this game?

I haven't played Gran Turismo for a long time, this is my first time back into it for a while. For some reason, I remember more types of races you could enter. This one feels so rigid by what kind of car you're driving. Granted, I haven't played it very long, but I'm having more fun buying used cars than new ones, for example, I found a Nismo 400R in used cars, and a few other "raced out," sponsered cars in the used car area.

The collector's edition downloads gives you these super cars that are so easy to win with. The game looks great, it controls fine, even with a controller (though I did make my L2/R2 buttons my accel and brake), and my left analog for steering, my right analog for looking left/right, and triangle to shift up, x to shift down (Forza had a great control scheme, so I copied it for this game).

I'm sure the wheel, and the pedals and shifter make this game even better; but is it just a gimmick? Do you enjoy the game because of the game, or how much better is it because of the wheel and pedals? How long until the novelty wears off?

I just feel limited in this game; the last GT game I remember playing, specific dealerships had special races by type too, for example, Honda had the Type-R race, where any Type-R car (Civic, Accord, Integra, NSX) could enter. This one has different levels, and each level has (12 or 15, I don't remember) types of races (each having limitations).

I just feel stuck!
youre not alone. A lot of GT fans are disappointed with this game.

Appreciate 0