View Single Post
      05-02-2012, 09:26 AM   #1615
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I have a question. There are a lot of "nano" paint sealants coming out. The one I have just heard of is Nanolex from Germany. There are a whole variety such as CQuartz. Most of them seem to use some type of silica. Anyway, pretty wild claims are made for these - they are "self organizing", bond "electrostatically", and that they are extremely durable. I saw one video for something called Nano Diamond Shield spray that appeared to be very hydrophobic, but user reviews I have found say it is nearly useless.

Are any of these products actually any good? Do any protect in such extreme ways as the advertisements suggest? If so, which actually work, and what is the difference? I tried a can of the Nano Diamond Shiled that I found at an auto parts store, and it didn't do much for protecting my wheel from brake dust - in fact it performed much less than the Armor All product that cost a lot less.

I am a believer in science, but so far all of the "high tech" products out there just don't seem to do much more than plain old wax, and some not even that much. Any "nano" products that you use or recommend?
You are right the marketing and hype of certain products far exceed the actual performance, however there are several products that do work extremely well in long term protection.

As mentioned above the CarPro Cquartz Ceramic Quartz Paint Protection and Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 Permanent Paint Coating are the real deal. These products offer protection that can last years and really protect the clear coat extremely well.

Check out these articles about the Opti-Coat:
http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...opti-coat-2-0/
http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...pearance-mods/

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be happy to help.

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0