United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 335i E90 M-Sport

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackrite View Post
Eureka!

I do indeed have the PPK Stage 1 upgrade! I wonder if that's what happened to my car?! I'm due into the dealership on Monday to have them look at it.

In your case was your PPK factory installed or done by the dealership as a dealer installed option? Now my only concern is those doofuses erasing my PPK when they recode the Combox! Is that in fact a possibility even?

Thanks!
I purchased off the lot, and PPK was already installed on the car. It was documented on the original window sticker as well as the paper copy that comes with all the owners manuals, so although I don't know for sure, I'll assume it was installed at the factory. You bring up an interesting thought, how would one know that PPK wasn't erased? Other that dyno'ing the car. There's no status indication that PPK is enabled or not, readily available via iDrive or the BC Stalk, that I'm aware of. Of course from my dealings so far with my SA and ST, I have complete confidence in their skillset and integrity, so I'm not overly concerned that they somehow disabled my PPK is order to fix ConnectedDrive.