View Single Post
      02-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #1
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

USB Interface Keeps Locking Up

Wondering if you guys can help.
I have a problem with the USB audio interface (6FL I think) locking up/freezing. It started playing up after about 2 months of owning the car from brand new. Its been into the dealership for a software update - that didnt fix it. Then they agreed to replace the whole radio/stereo system just after Christmas. All fixed - so I thought - then after 3 weeks its started to freeze again

The symptom is that the music stops - for no reason, the whole radio unit freezes (non-idrive) and cant get any USB or even radio/CD etc for about 2 mins. Then it all starts up again ok.
Now it seems to be failing daily and sometimes after 30 secs of driving down the road. I've checked the bit rates of the MP3's and they are within spec (about 128 I think) and it does not fail on a certain track - seems random on when it fails. I've also tried 3 different USB sticks. Thinking of trying this as a last resort - but very pricy for an 8GB http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Genuin...item27c0135b3a. And even then it might still play up.

Its driving me mad.

Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.
Andy
Appreciate 0