View Single Post
      03-04-2009, 12:21 PM   #1
RonRed89
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi CPE

iDrive Calibration and Re-Routing

All,

Just getting used to the new iDrive on my 09 335xi Coupe and had a couple of questions that I couldn't find answers to in the search.

1) Is there any way to calibrate the antennas for accuracy. From what I am seeing, the system is about .2 miles off in most cases. While part of this can be attributed to maps I suppose, I find that even a $200 garmin unit doesn't suffer from this lack of accuracy. I spoke to my dealer's service department, and they are not aware of any such calibration that can be done on their side nor did I find any such menu in the system to allow me to attempt it myself.

2) Is there any way for iDrive to tell you that you missed a turn when you veer off the its intended path? It correctly and automatically re-routes you to a different route when you miss the turn, and audibly tells you to make a u-turn or whatever, but the garmin unit will say something to the effect of "Recalculating" or beep. Is there a similar function within iDrive 09 for this?

3) What is dynamic navigation option in iDrive 09 for? Perhaps this one is in the manual, but I haven't gotten that far in the encyclopedia of books that came with the car.

Thanks for your help!

Ron
Appreciate 0