03-24-2009, 10:39 AM   #20
Klepper1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicer View Post
What about the "ram effect" with an intake like the Riss set-up with the scoops and plenum blowing air directly onto the intake. It seems like this "ram effect" might make it even easier to suck the air (less resistance) and on top of the the air would be 20-30 degrees colder. Couldn't this theoretically provide gains?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Former_Boosted_IS View Post
Technically it could if and only if it was a completely sealed system in my opinion. I think the intercooler testing has shown definitively that an upgraded intercooler takes all those things out of the equation. Pulling or pushing air will have no effect on the temperatures.

I don't want to bash anyone or any intake, but I just want you guys to know that you can save a lot of money here if looks are not your top priority. If looks are, then I completely understand you choice.
Please tell me why you think a "ram" air could technically make a difference if it was a completely sealed system? I agree with you, I think it will too. And the reason.....because the ram air will give the turbo's a higher suction pressure, which reduces the compression ratio of the turbo's, which means they heat up the air less.
Appreciate 0