02-01-2014, 11:13 AM   #114
Pure Turbos
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Turbo Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jec1 View Post
It does make sense, and that's very good news for people like me, the set who would otherwise be looking at Dinan type products and set 'stages'. Many people outside of these boards are interested in a little more 'oomph' without worrying abt logging, meth flow and all the other nonsense that comes with dyno bragging rights. I have a growing business and a household to support, and I'd rather invest in hiring another employee or knocking off another improvement on the long list for my home than pushing my engine to the ragged limit to get 20 more horsepower.

May I suggest that these is a large contingent of people who buy these cars and are interested in spending another 5-10k for comprehensive stage upgrades. its why the Dinan 'stages' for the 550i seem to sell relatively well. Granted the profile of a 5'er owner is typically different but in any event nobody aside from Dinan and to an extent Cobb seems to offer comprehensive set upgrade 'stages' for the 335i. I got a 335i for a reason; my choice. M3 is too raw for day to day, 5'er is too boatlike. I have better use for funds than a Porsche at this point in my life, and there isn't really anything else that interests me. I've also done the tuning thing before, trying to put together a race car for the street than winds up being neither a real race car nor a practical street car, I'm too old and I don't have the time or patience.

Offer a set package, combine this turbo with whatever other products are necessary to support a given power level and offer a conservative off the shelf plug and play tune that leaves some power on the table in conjunction with an authorized retailer/installer network, so someone can get everything they need for a bit more power and not have to do the legwork on their own. This model has been used countless times, but it really does seem to be lacking for these cars in terms of a professionally put together package with all parts included for a set price. Set it and forget it is what many owners want, BMW is about refinement, not filing your windshield washer tank with explosive liquid.

In another couple years, n55 turbos will tend to be entering the mileage where failure is expected out of warranty. Your pricing is on point where it makes sense to upgrade at that juncture, however a complete upgrade solution would really help sales I think.

PS- what is approximate target boost psi on the 'pump gas' tune you mention?
Well put Sir.

We agree with you completely. That is precisely our goal. With so many overpriced upgrade turbos on the market, we wanted to produce an offering which is affordable and practical. Thanks
Appreciate 0