View Single Post
      07-09-2013, 05:49 AM   #10
ajsalida
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 95 M3, 02 R1150GSA, 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by akotten View Post
TBN was an extra $10 I didn't pay for. Maybe next time I will. Oil consumption hasn't changed from what I can tell. It will depend entirely on how hard you push your turbos and how often. I always bring some with to the track in case I need to top it off. My turbos were also replaced 7k miles ago, so that helps too I'm sure.
I switched to Mobil1 0w40 after approx 30k on factory Castrol. Immediately noticed some oil consumption which had never happened before. About 1/2-3/4 qt in 5k miles. I did add some mods and then DP's in that time, also lowering suspension with change in rake so I am sure sensor reads a little different level now. Hoping my turbos are not going out no other signs though.

Hard to tell exact levels due to lack of a DIPSTICK (amazing) and idiotic sensor that only reads in 1/4 qt increments. But my car lost no (factory) oil from 15k to 30k, now between 3/4 and 1/2 qt of 0w40 in 5k miles.

There is a thread on the other forum lot of people said they also saw increased consumption on 0w40.
Appreciate 0