05-13-2012, 09:15 PM   #144
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F22 M240

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
Yup great day indeed! Was running in Joel's group, can't keep up with him even if was going 9/10. I liked my progression during the day, and testing the new brakes, they stopped really well, except they seem to eat up the pads like no tomorrow. I figure the Porterfield R4 S are more than 50% used after 7 x 20 min sessions, yikes!

Will need to figure something out, otherwise I will barely make 2-day events with a new set of pads.

Car is well balanced, just can't be that fast in the curves with all the weight it carries. I don't mind it though, to be slow in company of all those fast cars.
At one point I let 2 cars by and hang with them for 5 laps, a Porsche an an S2000.
I had a blast beyond belief. There was just the 911 Turbo and the GT3 RS that I couldnt keep up with. My three spin outs weren't very impressive, but Seb helped dial a little of that out. The other half of the day went flawlessly with that config. We'll do a little bit more tuning next week at Sanair and work on creating and correcting stability drama.

For your brake pads, have you thought of trying another type, say the RB XT series or going with the R4 or R41? That may help out.