05-13-2012, 10:16 PM   #146
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
A fun day was had by all at LCMT Friday with Viperclub/Bimmershop. I got a chance to work out my car. I do have to say it is sweet. I still have some growing to do. 3 light spin outs with one including Seb in the car. So much for first impressions. I'll need some time on the skid pad to learn drift handling if I'm going improve.

I did manage to beat my previous LCMT best time when I had the 335, so it can only get better.

Seb took me out for a drive with him as the driver - to test out the car. Needless to say it was the coolest scary fun thing I had experienced short of combat experience.

We rounded the crest of turn 2 at 185khm and as soon as the car settled, he was back on the accelerator, just nicking 200Khm before we had to brake for the "S"es.

The next go-a-round, the man was flicking the car around at 140-160Kmh to see how it reacted. Impressive drifting and saw steering corrections at that speed.

An almost perfect day ended on a sour note for one driver. On the last session on the day, with maybe 2 laps before we would be called in, flaggers waved the red flag. A track prepped Lambo, 1 of only 30 or so on the planet, met it's fate on turn 12. The Bridge turn. A common turn that takes out cars mercilessly if you are too hard on the gas before track out.

The car slammed face first into the left side guard rail and looked pretty much a write off. Last session of the day rule: unless racing, never more than 9/10s. Better safe than sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
Yup great day indeed! Was running in Joel's group, can't keep up with him even if was going 9/10. I liked my progression during the day, and testing the new brakes, they stopped really well, except they seem to eat up the pads like no tomorrow. I figure the Porterfield R4 S are more than 50% used after 7 x 20 min sessions, yikes!

Will need to figure something out, otherwise I will barely make 2-day events with a new set of pads.

Car is well balanced, just can't be that fast in the curves with all the weight it carries. I don't mind it though, to be slow in company of all those fast cars.
At one point I let 2 cars by and hang with them for 5 laps, a Porsche an an S2000.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
I had a blast beyond belief. There was just the 911 Turbo and the GT3 RS that I couldnt keep up with. My three spin outs weren't very impressive, but Seb helped dial a little of that out. The other half of the day went flawlessly with that config. We'll do a little bit more tuning next week at Sanair and work on creating and correcting stability drama.

For your brake pads, have you thought of trying another type, say the RB XT series or going with the R4 or R41? That may help out.
Great write up guys. I am sad I had to miss it. Progression, progression, progression.
Appreciate 0