View Single Post
      05-15-2011, 06:02 PM   #27
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP / R56 JCW

I remember a few months back it was late, and raining and I was at a traffic light waiting to go right...on the M3s the DSC button is on the side of the centre console, and if you rest your knees on the side, you can end up fully turning it off without noticing.....which happened to me. Lights turned green and the car behind me flashed me to go (it was late and my mind was not on point I must admit) so I pressed the gas a bit too hard at that moment without knowing all traction control is fully off and suddenly the car just went wild! took my by total surprise as I didnt know it was off. Slid left to right, just going insane!! luckily I gained control quick and stirred the opposite direction and gained control of the car. Really took me by surprise, now i try to make sure I dont rest my knees on that part lol.

DSC off can be good fun, its not always as bad as people make it out - you need to me more focused though, make sure you dont forget its fully off! In my 335i it used to be all over the place with it off, good fun though. The M3 is more controllable I would say. Never try it out in the wet! Dont really try it even if it rained the day before as even with just M-mode on I was going sideways for quite a bit when it was damp...felt good though