View Single Post
      12-21-2012, 09:15 AM   #90
Freelo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i (sold)

DP with AP

Slops' video clip shows really nice smoothness in the acceleration with the AP. I did notice the SES light on, resulting from his DP.

I have a couple of questions for Cobb regarding DPs and upcoming Stage 2 maps on the N55 -- since I'll definitely want to be able to run Stage 2. First, is a DP definitely required to run the Stage 2 maps? Is the answer the same for RWD and XI cars? The XI has secondary cats in back of the DP, whereas my RWD car has cats only in the DP, and I am reluctant to get an aftermarket DP. (Note: I already have FMIC, chargepipe and drop-in filter on my car). If better exhaust flow is essential, could an aftermarket exhaust be an alternative to a DP, would that help much for a RWD car?

Second, are there any future plans for the AP to eliminate the SES light when running a DP?

Thanks.
Koni sport shocks, BMW performance springs, M3 arms and sways front and rear, M3 subframe bushings, Velocity toe arms, M3 front strut bar, Cobb, ETS FMIC, Vishnu charge pipe, RPI scoops, M3 steering wheel, M3 carbon leather interior trim, Advan RS 18 inch wheels, Pilot sport tires
Appreciate 0