Modder Raider
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
I am really sorry to hear about this but unfortunately it's been the story for Vorsteiner production since the Fall. They just went through an update for all of their molds to 100% prepreg Dry Vacuum Form Carbon and also moved to a new and larger production facility. Not an excuse to take 3 months for a part but I just wanted to give you more info so you know what's going on.

I completely agree that the offer for a license plate frame is insulting to say the least. Given the price you paid, an incentive beyond a simple frame is more than expected.

As one of the top Vorsteiner dealers, I must say it has been insanely frustrating given the continued delays. We rely on Vorsteiner order status updates for all of our orders and provide that info weekly to our customers. However, these statuses can change or get longer because of changes in a mold or other production details.

It has taken a large part of my time and resources to maintain updates on these orders recently as production has been so slow. I do have the promise of the production manager that production is now clipping along and this transition period will ultimately allow them to expand production to the point of stocking. In the meantime, we do try to keep stock of some of the more popular products to help alleviate this wait time for our customer base.

I checked our stock list and there are two E90 Hoods in stock. They are part of their Parts for Paint program which are pieces available at a discount that did not pass QC. This means that the fit and installation is just like a standard part but that the weave came out crooked or imperfect so it cannot be sold as a retail part. However, they offer us the option to provide these to customers looking to most or all of the hood.

If it's something you are interested in or were thinking about painting the entire hood, it would be a good option to get the hood quicker and save a few bucks.

Anyways, I understand the need to vent, the wait time is completely unacceptable and I do appreciate your willingness to fairly and accurately test and report about products to the community.
I was planning on painting it anyway except for the vents.
I feel really bad for you guys though for putting up with these guys.
No vendor should have to go through this.

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0