08-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #10
FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d, M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dFan View Post
My criteria shifted from an obsession with driving down my TCO on a cost per mile basis with my old '86 Jetta diesel to throwing caution to the winds with my D, while throwing a bone to the virtues of its fuel efficiency. If there is a successor to the D for me, it will likely be back to something that I judge more practical for an old geezer like a GTD. It is amusing for me to read all the forum inputs.
Tbh, Jack, I share the old geezer mentality...in many ways, i miss my wifes old corrolla; such a great car from the cost of operation and peace of mind stand-point. There's a lot to be said for driving a car you don't mind getting beaten up a bit when you park in DC on a daily basis.

I don't know what the next car will be, but likely something cheap, easy, and versatile (lightly used passat/Jetta TDI wagon perhaps; maybe a GTD if I'm feeling quirky) with a pre-depreciated classic in the garage on which I can get my wrench time fix. I plan to drag this diesel's life out as long as possible, though, so hopefully that's a long ways down the road.

My Picture Threads (Oldest to Newest): 1 2 3
Join BMW CCA! (Use my link and I get credit )

Last edited by FormerRotor; 08-25-2013 at 02:28 PM..
Appreciate 0