View Single Post
      11-13-2017, 06:31 AM   #58
Scoff123
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 320D M Sport

No problem James, hope it helps others and glad you feel more confident about yours now

Will definitely report back after the lighting tests adn let you know how that goes! Good shout about contacting Cotswold BMW, those modules are quote expensive so it's a bit part of the kit to have missing if it should have been in there! Looking up pictures of the retrofit kit online, it does seem to only have the one module for our cars - although i'm sure i found a picture of the kit on schmiedmann a while back where it showed both modules - perhaps it's a different retrofit kit part number?

As i understand it, the pinouts are the same on the older hitch release module as they are on the newer one - however the newer ones send an 'Alive' signal to the AHM on pin 13 of the AHV module to let it know it's there and also it can make the AHM produce a useful idrive check control message if it has a problem.

So yeah it sounds like your AHV module is the older type, probably the same as my one - the newer version should have part number 71606857227

I bet it feels like the car is getting back to normal now the trim is going back in - can't wait to be able to do that as it's driving me mad!

David in Germany - totally understand the choice to go the for removeable option!!! However this thread has probably made the electric OEM choice out to sound harder than it is - just hitting unexpected snags along the way really. If you do decide to go for it you will have us here for tech support as we know the system inside out
Appreciate 0