HSN
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 X5

Angry Cracked rims

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbie View Post
Hi,
I'm interested to chat with anyone who's suffered cracked BMW alloys.
Either PM me or send an e-mail pls.
bobjefford@tiscali.co.uk

bob
Hi Yes we have too. Just got our second one over the weekend driving on the highway (Aus)

The first one didnt show any rim damage on the outside but the internal had a bump in it near the crack. BMW tried to argue that we'd hit something and we said that if we had it couldnt have been that bad since there is no external damage. It went back and forward for awhile with us telling them what we thought of the overpriced heap of junk that waxes safety and in the end they replaced it free of charge. Incidentally the new one came back with a different profile on the inside. We believe that they have changed the profile to try and fix the problem. That was probably a year ago. We had to wait for them to get one in, with us pumping the damn thing up daily! Their service is sooooo bad that they couldnt even manage to take one from another car and let us have that.

The cracked rim we have now has no damage anywhere except for the crack and again there weren't any potholes, gutters, off roading, pebbles or grains of sand invovled! It just decided to do it by itself. So I rang them today and surprisingly they said they have lots in stock so should take a day after they do a test and get approval from BMW. Really we should be pushing for ALL rims to be replaced but cant be bothered. I'll just annoy them each time it happens.

They offered Tyre and Rim insurance when we bought the stupid thing (along with leather and paint insurance!) and I wasnt quick enough to say "What we are paying $150,000 and your telling me that the tyres, rims, leather or paint might not last??????" Now I know why they have the Rim Insurance...to cover their faulty product. I'd never heard of any of that before.

I noticed on another website that one chap had 6 cracks in one rim and cracks in all others! Another bloke was in the casting industry and said it was a fault in the casting etc.

Apart from this the service we receive here is atrocious and the car is full of so many gimics (to justify its filthy price) that we cant be bothered using them. Give me a Holden R8 or similar anyday. Unfortunately thats what we got rid of to get this overpriced thing.

Anyway to all of you suffering the same probs, dont buy replacements, just argue and take it further etc. They are selling a "safe", expensive, luxury car and should be able to deliver on the quality, since thats what they use to justify the price. I've got to say that we've never had this problem with any other sort of car, all with filthy big rims and tyres!

Also the fact that the salespeople are pretty well conning people into buying new rims really makes me angry!

Good luck everyone

HSN
Appreciate 0