05-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #21
335iSSA
Captain
Poland
Rep
Drives: 07' E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpete View Post
Sorry, now I'm confused. If the arrow points at the front of the car then it'd be at the top of the picture instead of the bottom.

Reason I ask is the arrow "points" toward the back of the car in mine and the strut is up against the front of the groove for caster adjustment. That is, the caster can be adjusted more positive than it is now.

The alignment numbers are all right though both for street and track but I swear they're in backwards....
I don't see how you can say the above in bold. The picture is too close to make that statement.

Jason works at Vorshlag so I'd take his word for it. I have Vorshlag plates on my Mustang and they are marked the same way and I can tell you the markings are toward the front of the car with the arrow pointing toward the front.

I also put them on the wrong side b/c I put them on from the perspective of looking at the driver, which is why I know that when you put them on the wrong side you don't get the camber you are looking for as they maxed out about the middle of the strut tower opening.

As to your situation I don't see how you could have them in with the arrow facing backwards, given the three point mounting they would have to point away from the centerline of the car and the adjustment would be not perpendicular to the centerline of the car.
Appreciate 0