View Single Post
      03-16-2011, 08:20 PM   #46
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

Oh my goodness...I insured the Maserati today and it cost me an EXTRA £40 over the annual premium I pay for the Porsche - I actually thought it would be slightly less given the big drop off in performance and value compared to the Porsche (it's worth at least £20k less than the Turbo).

Anyway, £40 extra wouldn't be the end of the world if I didn't have just 4 weeks of my annual policy left By my working out, the Maser is going to cost in the region of an extra £200-£400 for an annual policy compared with the Porsche (depending on how much of the £40 was Admiral's fee for making a change....I forgot to ask ).

I also did some investigating on other running costs....
  • 2 year or 12k mile service.....£1,500 - luckily, my missus's dad is good mates with the service manager at Graypaul Ferrari/Maserati in Nottingham and he said he can get this down to 'under' £800.
  • 1 year extended warranty (should I wish to buy one in September when the manufacturer one expires ).....a snip at £2,500

Ahh stuff it...will I care when I've got those gorgeous looks and incredible sounds to live with everyday?

Nah...as long as I avoid any temptation to modify it then I can use my usual mod-budget to run the thing! Shouldn't be too difficult, there's pretty much nothing available for it....which is probably a bit of a blessing for me

All set for Saturday collection and I'm about 1 million times more excited about this than I was the Porsche (look, I've even change my avatar early!)
Appreciate 0