02-25-2013, 02:23 AM   #1
Apl440i or 335d?
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335D

LCI 320d Tuning Box vs Map vs BMW Performace

Hi all,

I have been searching the forum for the past few days, and am struggling to form an opinion based on what I have found.

I would like some more performance from my 320d 184, but do not want to invalidate my warranty/ service pack/ breakdown etc.

My normal approach to tuning a derv would be to have it mapped on a RR, however as this is now traceable, I cannot do this.

This has lead me down the route of looking at tuning boxes, DTUK etc etc. In the past I would have avoided these as all they seem to do is dump more fuel, or at best up the pressure from the turbo. But having read some reviews and done some research, the DTUK box seems fairly legitimate. Does anyone know if they have proper fuel maps pre-loaded, or do they just up the fuelling by a certain % across the rev range and up the turbo pressure.

I have also considered the BMW performance pack, but at over a grand for 15bhp, I cannot abide! I am working on getting a discount, but am not holding my breath.

I know lots of people on here have experience with these, so is there anyone out there (with technical knowledge) that can weigh in on these and give an informed opinion?

Thanks

Antony
Attached Images

Appreciate 0