lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by buster84 View Post
Good advice! I'll be doing that next time, although i didnt want to come off like i was 100% yet, wanted to try and wiggle a few hundred off lol.
yea i feel you. i didn't even give the guy 50% confirm i'll buy it over the phone, i'm just give him a chance that could be a deal. if he's willing to work a favorite to me to hold the car, he has better chance to earn my commission. of cuz til the last minute i was haggling him to know down the price of the car and also bump up my trade in price on the other car. to the point i can see he wants to make a sales, i was like, "ok if you bring the x5 down to this figure and bring my trade in to this figure, go ahead and prep me the paperwork". sure i stood on my number strong and the worst case i'll just drive my car back to sac if he's not gonna make a deal. u know how stealership tactic, they always love to play the "oh i need to talk to the manager to make sure he's comfortable with this number". i told him go ahead and make sure his manager is happy with that number before come talk to me. so at the end his manager came up to me and i just told him straight up, don't play any number game with me, what i gave him is what my bottom line is. sure enough i made that day short, less than an hour from getting the contract type up and straight done with the finance.
Appreciate 0