08-03-2014, 06:25 AM   #28
CraigUK
Captain
Rep
Drives: F11 LCI 520D Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooba0010 View Post
This is true , Cnuts every where you go in life

I have either been made more aware of cyclists or there is just more about now but I have to say the percentage that are cnuts has defo increased , I was In Rainham on Thursday and watched one ride straight through a red light how he didn't get killed was a miracle ,I think the car driver must have shat herself and was totally blameless ,If it had ended in a accident I would have stayed and defended her . I ride but only on the downs on a MTB
I definitely agree that there does seem to be a significant number of cyclists who don't think that they need to abide by the highway code. I often ride to work and will stop at traffic lights only to see others riding straight through them. Nine times out of ten after the lights change I'll fly straight by them within a couple of minutes. In general although technically cyclists these aren't what I would call proper cyclists. In general they are the fair weather type that only go out in the summer when the Tour de France is on.

I do know that the police can give on the spot fines for this type of thing but as bikes aren't identifiable it's a lot easier for them to get away with it. That is of course until they get mowed down and killed for their lack of common sense and stupidity.
Appreciate 0