11-13-2012, 01:19 PM   #19
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistryn View Post
So I pulled out my HU, re routed the wiring loom under the passenger footwell rather than under the glove box - buzzing noise 85% gone. Then I re routed my earth wire as to makkans post above and did a bit of tidying up with wires. As a result 90% buzzing noise gone. I had a spare ground loop isolater (yes I know some of you will be shaking your heads at me) I decided to plug that in and buzzing noise 95% gone.
Glad that you sorted it. For all others who are planning to run harness, please run it:
-HU to passenger side
-On passenger side, it should pass deep under the passenger footwell carpet. If you keep it superficial or relatively up, there is a fuse box, junction box and chances are that it will pick interference.
- Connect your earth to earth terminals or directly to battery as per your preferences.

Hope that make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistryn View Post
You can still hear a very faint buzzing noise when on mute but not when volume on whereas before the buzzing noise was constant no matter what volume.
That is normal. Only DSP, or possibly clean sweep will take it out.
It happens on max volume most of the time.

But I am glad that it worked for you.