Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwillb View Post
OK, here's my experience with this whole thing. I started out full of enthusiasm after reading this thread and then looking into Bimmernav and their kit. I even spoke to the people at Bimmernav and they assured me that they had a working solution for bluetooth retrofit. I bought in as a Christmas present but didn't get to the dealer until the second week in January. A three day stay at the dealer yielded no results. They just couldn't get the thing to work as it kept asking for the "roof function carrier"/FZD/aka SOS button panel. I then had my SA call Bimmernav and they walked him through the steps, assuring him that it would work. Well, 2 days later, no results. Bimmernav then says that they had shipped the wrong part and would need to order the correct one from Germany. Now 2 weeks go by before the new TCU arrives. I install the new TCU, which was for a later production date than my car's actual production date, and took it back to the dealer. 3 days later, the dealer is back on the phone with Bimmernav asking for instructions because the system is still looking for the FZD. On the 4th day, the dealer calls Bimmernav again. Bimmernav says: "you need the FZD".

I just gave the SA the OK for the FZD. I know him personally and he'll get me a good price but I really don't want to sit down and add up what this stinkin' bluetooth snipe hunt has cost me.

Your experience may vary, but I was not impressed with Bimmernav [there were calls made by me for tech support as well. One girl kept saying "just read the SIB, it's all in there." Yeah, right. The SIB says to install an under-dash speaker that didn't come in the kit. The girl insisted I follow the SIB. I finally spoke with Mason, who said to put a jumper in the speaker connector. Where in the friggin' SIB does it say to jump a connector? Jeez, guys, you can't even type out a little note to put in the kit to cover this? You can't train your staff to give the right advice?]. Bottom line: I don't think these guys really know what they're doing.

Sorry for venting but I think it was worth bringing to everyone's attention.

Bill M

I'm sorry for your poor experience. I will remove all links to bimmernav + make sure to bold that FZD is required in the OP.

Nobody has had a successful retrofit without the FZD so it was all misinformation and should be revised.

Thanks for sharing.
Appreciate 0