makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Hi Makkan, need some help.....

I'm struggling to find recent versions of BMW tools anywhere online. I only need INPA at this stage. (5.02+)
DB
I am not sure why you need 5.02+. INPA is just an interface (like a skin) and being run by files at the back ground. I have latest BMW tools including 5.06 inpa, but not sure if that could help you. INPA 5.00 can sort out what you are after, unless your car was updated by a dealer recently.
Updating inpa only helps, if you have most updated daten files and those files are not compatible with older version of inpa / ncs expert.

Quote:
I can find lots of 2009/2010/2011 links to older verisions. (this one in particular crops up all the time)

I downloaded that one yesterday, all 650MB of it, it's supposed to include INPA5.02, but its all in German and doesn't have any models at all on the INPAloader screen, the files are all dated 2004 with some 2006 updates. The update instructions don't match what is in the downloaded file folders either.
You need to go to C:\EC-APPS\INPA
and check if you have necessary files in SGDAT.

Quote:
The ones that came with my lead says "INPA 5.00" in the loader title bar, which doesn't even have half the E90 engines (no N54 etc)

I can't find any basics on how the software is structured, ie. is INPA the vehicle database, or is it the EDIABAS files behind it? When people refer to INPA 5.xx do they mean just the loader, or additional files too?

Any advice or links?
You need to update all the necessary folders / files with the daten files compatible to your car. It is very hard to say which daten files will work. If your car was never updated, then start with old files and if no luck, start progressing to newer version of daten files.

As mentioned earlier, check the folders I mentioned earlier.
Also check if you have files in
C:\EDIABAS\ECU
folder.

Inpa is just a skin / interface which uses EDIABAS (main power house).
But you need to make sure both of them have files for your car.

I can see that my comments may not be very helpful, but TBH I have no idea what you are planning to do. What files do you need? When was your car updated last time?
And these may help me to put you in the right direction.

Feel free to shoot me a pm if you need any further info.

HTH.