djgandy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
I take the point about neglect,but in honesty,as 'fulcrum' stated,the hole (is it even that?) would not even register as a pothole on the local authorities radar.

The one I hit was on an 'A' road,a bus route and was/is a very,very busy road,and I hit it in the dark.

After a 4mth fight, Surrey County Council paid out on the wheel,and 50% of the cost of a new tyre.

If you've got nothing else to do,by all means give it a go and see if you can extract some money for the damage (is there any?),who knows,you might get lucky.
Well as I said photos don't show it well and the hole is full of water which doesn't help. It is actually more a complete fault along the road rather than a pot hole. It looks like two surfaces that have been laid and the north side of the road being eaten into the ground.. You can see the fault line very clearly and there are smaller holes in the other lanes.

Is there damage? I don't know and I'm not sure I want to just yet. Last time I had pothole damage I got a £1000 bill. Suspension doesn't feel spongy, just the veering left and some ugly feedback from the right hand side of the car.

Maybe when it stops raining I can get some better photos and I'll take a measure next time (Sheet of A4 paper maybe). I have reported this anyway, and I will monitor it.

What was the speed limit of the A road you were on? As I said, it is not the size but the speed that is the problem here. I have hit far bigger potholes but at 25mph they are not an issue. If I hit this at 70 I seriously think it would destroy my wheels.
Appreciate 0