Quote:
Originally Posted by satakal View Post
There's a lot wrong with my paint.

-swirls all over
-chips on the hood need to get touched up
-scratches that aren't deep, but need work fixing
-scratches in the bumper down and into the plastic
-remnants of bird poo that looks like paint discoloration

Basically, I have had super bad luck with the paint on this car from day one. All my experiences with having someone else wash it have been bad. I haven't done much better, but at least I haven't messed anything up worse.

So, here's what I think I remember.

-two guys gonna spend probably a full 8 getting it back to perfect
-I think he said 7 stages (i don't know what defines a stage)
-He said he'd finish with a "PPF sealant"? He said it is that good
-wet sand
-clay bar
-other stuff that I don't remember

I'm comfortable knowing that even IF I overpay this guy, the job will get done right. That will save me from the embarassment of getting screwed twice. (first on the over pay, and second on a poor job).

The idea of the price of skilled labor (2 dudes, 8 hours) doesn't add up to what I think is an acceptable profit margin on this job. I suppose that ulitimately, the price of anything is determined by what someone is willing to pay for it. I don't think I'm comfortable with this price.

Do you guys think a task of this sort could ever be worth $1200? If so, under what circumstances? I'm referring to the guy as "this guy" but he has a super legit business and works events for one of the MAJOR detail product companies. In fact, I met him at the product showcase area at the Long Beach Grand Prix working a booth for said company. What do you think? A fool and his money as soon parted? Or, you get what you pay for?
you definitely got jacked. my friend's aston is going to a 2 day detail and it's only 500. for your price, get the car resprayed