View Single Post
      08-05-2008, 04:27 PM   #151
fyonn
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330d Saloon

Hello folks, another newbie here.

Just bought my third BMW 3 series, this one an e90 2006 330d SE auto with Bixenons, professional nav, bluetooth and heated, leather memory seats. so far I'm enjoying it and it's shaping up to be a good car.

my previous cars have been, in order:
G reg BMW e30 325iA
R reg Audi A3 1.8T Sport
Y reg Volvo S80 T6 Executive
02 reg BMW e46 320td SE
Y reg Mercedes SLK320

I'm just getting used to idrive. they say that you need a degree in computer science to use it, fortunately I have one! that said, I don't think it's terribly intuitive, but now I understand it's logic, it's not so bad. not terribly quick though.

I wouldn't mind trying to get my local dealer update the firmware on idrive and bluetooth if possible (and free). I'm hoping that might quicken up the interface a little and an upgrade to the bluetooth I'm hoping might get my iphone 3g connected.

I know there's an outstanding issue with the iphone 3g, that of the address book not syncing for a lot of people (but not everyone somehow), but I don't even get that far. for me it just connects, disconnects, reconnects etc. anyone any ideas there?

I went into my dealer this afternoon actually, to ask if I could have a printout of the specification the car was ordered with, so I could see what was there and if there were any options I was unaware of. they refused to give me a copy, which I thought rather mean. not quite sure what they stand to lose by giving it to me. might email BMW UK and ask them instead.

anyways, that's me introduced, thought I'd say hi.

dave
Appreciate 0