henwoodl
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 Alpina B3 Biturbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve A View Post
Lee i love your B3, however i have always hated the black grill look, i think it makes the front of your car look thinner than it is and in my eyes makes it a little less aggressive.

but then opinions are like arseholes and everyone has a different one.

Still a lovley car ALPINAs are too underated.

i do think though you should put a quaiffe lsd on, like Tone has, it'll transform the traction and drive you get.
I considered the grills for a LONG time, but now that its done, I'm sure I've done the right thing (for me I mean, lots of other people I'm sure would prefer chrome). I actually think it looks more aggressive in the flesh with the black grills. Then after changing the grills to black, the mesh needed to be done, as the grey mesh then looked all wrong.

Quaife LSD would be turn it into a monster, but a few things put me off right now;

- The cost (£1800 ish I think)
- Possible damage to the drive train from the engine throwing 430lb/ft at it without protection (this was brought up by the guys at DMS when discussing an LSD)
- The fact that I don't drive on the edge very often
- Extra tyre wear, although I hear this is negligible
- Less room for driver error! I'm not that experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
Chrome door handles would finish that off to a tee.
On order...

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpalb View Post
Hey,

Loving the car, think the black grill sets it off. That is the only mod I can think of doing...think the black grill would suit the car better. Other mods in time will be a remap once engine loosens up. Was thinking of going back to classic wheels but so hard to keep looking nice. As yours do!!
They do take some time to clean - but worth it I always feel (afterwards anyway!). Was wondering whether the new black B7 Alpina wheels might appear in 19"s instead of 20"s...

http://www.bmwalpina.co.uk/index.php...e54c13ae40688e

Any ideas?

Current: Alpina B3 Biturbo, Black Sapphire, Saddle Brown Leather
Previous: Mercedes SL350, 545i, 330Ci, Z4 3.0i, 325Ci
Appreciate 0