Mad Linux Guru On The Loose
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan, 2023 M3

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 335i E90  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdiggz View Post
when atr comes out you can custom tune and all of your complaints will be resolved and everything will be peachy
You make it sound like ATR will magically resolve all issues. I disagree. ATR will allow users to change any parameters. The vast majority of people here (including me) have no idea how to tune an engine. I do know very well though how an engine should behave. Similar to the fact that I am absolutely horrible at playing a musical instrument but I have a very good appreciation of quality music!

ATR in the wrong hands will make an off-the-shelf map even more undriveable and problematic. ATR in the right hands *could* be a fantastic thing. Let me guess, you are going to sit around here and ask Clap to give you tips on how to run your engine?

Like I said before, I am going to keep my Cobb AP till Stage 2 comes out. If they have made significant improvements in driveability and power control, then I will keep it. If it turns out that the problems are still there, I am selling it.

I just want to drive my car in a way that I don't have to worry about the tune, be able to perform well on the track and whenever I have passengers, I don't get asked if my car is broken, when throttle closure galore hits...