Mad Linux Guru On The Loose
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan, 2023 M3

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 335i E90  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdiggz View Post
you can pay a tuner shop to dyno tune your car. nobody expects you to do it yourself. you have that option but the majority of people will rely on tuners to fine tune for your exact setup
Here we go again. So all of a sudden, I have to PAY more money for some tuner shop to tune my car on a dyno. Something that should have came with your tune by default. You are saying that I have to pay extra for a tuner shop to fix the shortcomings of Cobb tuning, is that right?

A car on a dyno has nothing to do with a car on the street or on the track. Do you drive yours on the dyno? I drive mine on the street and on the track. And on the street and on the track, Cobb does not perform nearly as good as GIAC at this moment. Plain and simple.

It seems that you are not understanding what I am trying to say here. I do not lust after a "dyno queen" car or a "1/4 mile shocker". I want a car I can drive on the streets and on the track with great, consistent driveability and consistency. I want to be confident that when I am exiting a sharp corner I would know EXACTLY what the engine will do and EXACTLY how much power output I will be getting. No boost overshoot, no throttle slamming shut, none of that crap. Do you get it? Can you understand what I am going for here? This is something you CANNOT tune on a dyno!