View Single Post
      09-17-2011, 05:37 PM   #24
purpl3ish
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 Velvet Orchid M3

Margarito at the time was a good fighter; but now we all found out why he was so good..Cotto would've beaten him if it wasn't for him cheating IMO.

I'm not doubting Pac's other fights at the lighter weights, but Floyd's fights when he was lighter against Castillo twice and Coralles, at the time those fighters were considered premier fighters but this was before he really climbed to the top.

But he fought Baldomir, because at the time obviously i don't think he was a great fighter, but because he had the title and I think Floyd likes to go after the title holders right after they get it, just like he did with Ortiz now. Of course he doesn't want to lose, but I don't really think he'd purposely run or shoot down a Manny fight. I believe it was Manny who didn't want tests that were 3 days or earlier before the fight and that was his problem with it, but if that's out of the question there are things you can take that won't appear in your system before/after the fight.

I'm not saying he's taking anything, but he should've just signed the papers with that. If the fight happens, I could easily see both fighters making $50 million or more..and if Floyd wins tonight, and then makes a Pac fight and wins that, I think he'd retire because at that point there's nothing left.

I think Pacquaio's a great fighter, but I also think Marquez beat him twice, and should give him a good run for his money at this next fight. I do agree with you about have Marquez move up in weight, but there was no way Floyd was going to go down to like 135-140; he took the fight because it was basically the "2nd best guy" to pac.