Professor///M
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2022 X5 40i;

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjod123 View Post
LOL! So much hate. I made a mistake. I do not plan on repeating - live and learn.

AND I am not a pussy except for the fact that i got nailed. The 200 bucks is pisswater. The 4 points I worry about. I'll square it up.

I think you're getting the responses that you are due to the nature of the complaint.

I would have responded similarly, but no need to beat the dead horse.

Many people, including myself, see the use of a lawyer for petty traffic violations as a flagrant abuse of the judicial system, and a waste of your money.

To my recollection of NJ state law, points reduce by 2 after every 1.5 years. That means, worst case scenario, you will have 3 years until your record is clean.

In the meantime what that means for you is to drive more responsibly, and take the $40 defensive driving course for one of the following reasons:

1. Point Reduction
2. Insurance reduction

They now offer the course online, and though it says it takes 3-6 hours online, it realistically takes 40 minutes if you have completed the 8th grade.

The court date is simple, you show up, cop shows up, if both of you are there he will generally offer a plea deal. You can take the plea deal, which will be most likely 2 points and probably like a $200-250 fine.

Good luck... but I don't disagree with the responses. Complaining on a public forum about speeding is painful if presented the way that you did.

If you said: "hey guys, I just got a speeding ticket, here's what it is, here's how it happened; what do you guys think I should do about it? Is this something that I even bother considering a lawyer about?"

I think that would have produced a much better public response.
Appreciate 0