03-15-2012, 11:21 PM   #32
rayz
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 323

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWPWR View Post
My car is an M Sport, didn't change the steering wheel. All I did was remove the SSG paddles and install the LCI DCT paddles.

The paddles I purchased modified to suit pre-LCI spec cars. They have a resistor removed to make the circuit work like the ssg paddles. Another change was required is to rewire the socket of the lci paddles the same way as the m3 dct paddle wiring configuration. Once this was done, works perfect just like a 335i LCI dct

Happy now I have an n54, with dct and proper paddle configuration
Did you get the paddles from Nexxonmotors? AFAIK, they are the only ones who sold pre-modded LCI paddles. Can you shed some light around the socket rewiring? I suspect that's probably why it isn't working for mine even though my paddles are modded i.e., resistors removed and shorted one connection (thanks luster!)

Any advice would be helpful to some of us who's trying to retrofit the LCI paddles (m3 paddles are plug-and-play which is much simpler). Why I said DCT made a difference earlier is because you already had a paddle setup, whilst the retrofit which some of us are doing is moving from a non-paddle wheel to a wheel with paddles. This requires a retrofit harness (which already exist for yours - albeit maybe some wiring differences).
Appreciate 0