View Single Post
      07-10-2012, 10:29 PM   #843
N54_Fan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBoosted View Post
I actually don't see many people with manual transmission water temp problems. If there are some, they aren't reporting in. And I don't want to do a DP since the DP's seem to be included in the single turbo kits.

Besides - I just checked on penskeparts and the 1M tstat and water pump are the same part #'s as the E92 335i, and the 335is radiator fan is 850w v. 600w, but the fans aren't going to help when you are out on the track anyway - they're going to help at lower speeds. I don't know what the crossover speed is where the fan helps instead of obstructs flow, but I'm going to imagine it's low. Besides, that fan is $800.
True. I have an AT so its more important for me. I agree the WP and T-stat are the same but my car was acting up so i changed it. As for the fan, well I got a good deal of $359 as a clearance sale so I couldn't pass it up. I just got it back from the shop today and obviously the fan is best for low speed but that is where people will mostly go into limp from heat...as they slow from a straight to go into a series of slower turns. I did notice the water temps rapidly changing from 109 to 99 in a matter of about 1-2 minutes while waiting for a light to change and as the fan cut on. Either way it sounds like you got most of the stuff covered. Being AT I am just trying to cover all my bases. We'll see how she holds up Saturday
Appreciate 0